This TED video by Esther Perel really helps us understand why partner dancing can be so valuable to your love life.
I’m sure you will enjoy the whole video, here are some of the highlights.
1. We adore each other from a few inches away, not as much when we are touching tightly as in sex.
2. We desire each other when we see the other person enjoying themselves and mastering what they are doing.
3. We desire each other when we are away from each other, this happens when you change partners while social dancing.
4. We desire each other when we experience other people, also when you are partner dancing.
5. The monogamous male female relationship has evolved to require a lot of our partners, dancing can help simplify these roles and provide many of them in one experience: safety and adventure, caring and creativity, touch and distance, alone time and community time.
I really feel more and more that social partner dancing is really valuable to a healthy culture. What do you think? Feel free to leave your comments below.